Wednesday 27 October 2010

The long wait is over (knock on wood)

At last! The long awaited takeover is now looking to be finalized. Venky's have announced that the club has been bought for some £46 million, while they will be taking on a debt of some £15 million. They say that the deal will be made official in 10 days.

Venky's are reported to be working together with Kentaro in bringing in young talented players, introducing them to the league and then selling them on, hopefully with a big profit, making Blackburn a footballing hatchery (did you get it?). Kentaro is also reported to be responsible for negotiating lucrative TV rights, bringing the club to new television heights. Venky's will also be coming with a cash injection, which will be spent on the club's training facilities and the infrastructure as a whole, along with a so called war chest of a whopping £6 million.

It has also been reported that the best chairman in the league, John Williams, will be keeping his job, meaning that Blackburn Rovers will continue to be the best run club in the league, or dare I say the World!? But in all seriousness, I would not trust another man in the chair. JW staying also means that Big Sam will most likely be the manager for the foreseeable future, which also means that there won't be any big shake-ups in either the coaching or playing staff. That being said, I do believe that there will be some changes in the playing staff. As I said yesterday, I truly believe that we'll be seeing some comings and goings.

The players that I expect will be going, are Chimbonda, Roberts, N'Zonzi and possibly Emerton or Nelsen. Of those I must say I would be very sad to see Emo and The Admiral leave. They have both been iconic to Rovers, although Emo has been dodgy for a couple of seasons to say the least, he has been a firm fans favorite for several years. Nelsen has been a fans favorite ever since he joined and he will be for years to come and rightfully so. That being said, I can't say I'll be remembering Chimbo, Roberts or The Zonz for too long. Although N'Zonzi was immense last year, he hasn't played regularly this season due to a lack of professionalism and work rate. He has apparently been unable to keep his feet on the ground, following all the hype and that is not acceptable according to Big Sam.

I must say I can't see many negatives with the takeover, although I was hoping for a bit bigger budget for January. The part of what I've heard about future plans sounds really good, as it will give us a steady stream of exciting talent and hopefully big international fan base along with some big TV revenues in Asia. I must say that for the first time in a long while, I really do feel that the future is bright, it's blue and white!

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment