Monday 15 November 2010

There were positives after all

I won't be jumping on board the bandwagon with all the endless rants today, although our beloved players did cost me some hard earned £10. Yes I did put my money on a 2-0 victory for Rovers, but I'm not too upset by the game, as Spurs aren't amongst the teams that we should demand three points from. Even though we at times looked like the Faroese national team, there were some positives that I think will be more important for us in the long run than three points.

Positive number one: Junior Hoilett. He was a real menace - again! His blistering pace and obvious skills were there for everyone to see, as he took on their defenders and beat them on several occasions. If only Sam can get his final touch just a wee bit better, he will be banging in goals and assists in bucket loads. He does lack a bit of footballing intelligence, but that will only increase as he gets older and gets a couple of games under his belt.

Number two: Nikola Kalinic. He must have been doing something right in training, as he looked really good and full of confidence again. He worked his ass off, held up the ball well, got himself into a great position to score, but just lost his balance as was pushed by both Gallas and Kaboul (it think it was). I still back him to become a key player for us in the near future.

Three: David Dunn and El-Hadji Diouf. After Diouf came on for Salgado, we looked a bit better, both at the back and in the front. When Dunn was brought on, no one could say that we weren't a creative force going forward. The flair was there and, ultimately, so were the goals.

Four: Phil Jones. Yes I know that he had his worst game so far and that he almost gave that Russian a goal, but every young player as good as him, has to be reminded from time to time that they are not unbeatable. He too can make mistakes. I truly believe that he will work even harder to make sure that it won't happen again and since it didn't cost us a goal, it can only be classed a plus.

Five: Three balls were swiped off their line. We could so easily have scored five goals, if just luck was on our side and that is something that we don't see too often nowadays.

Six: Robbo. I don't think I have to explain that one.

So all in all, I'm not too beat up about the game, as I think there were plenty of positives to build on and I feel fully confident that we will be adding points to our tally against Villa and United.

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment