Friday 12 November 2010

Half a team vs. (almost) a full team

No it won't be a game of 5 vs 10, but today before I was going to put my bet on tomorrow's game, I stumbled across a rather interesting article in the Guardian, titled Tottenham's preparation's for Blackburn hit by injury crisis. I'll tell you, my face lit up like a Christmas tree!

First let's take a look at the ones who won't be entering the field in the blue and white: Olsson, Grella ( I know what you're thinking, shocking news!!), Andrews, Benjani and N'zonzi. Five injured players out of which three will be sorely missed by the fans. That is a lot for any team that is as limited in attacking options as we are. However, it could be a lot lot worse, which you will find out in about 12 seconds. Oh yes I timed it!

Here is the list of injured Tottenham players: Tom Huddlestone, Roman Pavlyuchenko, David Bentley, Robbie Keane, Aaron Lennon, Giovanni dos Santos, Ledley King, Jonathan Woodgate, Jermain Defoe, Michael Dawson and Jamie O'Hara. If you put all those players together, you would have a fine team, capable of at least a mid-table finish, although one of them would have to play as a 'keeper. It wouldn't be that different from having Gomes I guess.

However, with that in mind I went amok and put a whooping £10 on a 2-0 victory for our boys in Blue and White, which will give me some very nice £290 (knock wood). Hopeful or hopeless?

Remember to vote ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment